For Halloween this year we made the trip to Boise to spend it with Micah's sister and the nephews. Saturday was filled with lots of fun. We went to the Farmstead where we jumped on a huge "pillow". We tackled each other and wrestled which we later found out we weren't suppose to do. Micah and I definitely had our work out for the day. Who knew jumping could tire you out so quickly.


We also watched pig races. Micah's oldest nephew had the chance to cheer on a pig and earn some candy. We found out that pigs can run quite fast when there is a good enough treat at the end.

We also were able to ride on the train of cows. I was worried we weren't going to fit. Micah and I somehow found a way to squish inside. The ride was bumpy but we had fun pretending to shoot each other during the ride.

We also went on a hay ride to scope out the selection of the pumpkins. There wasn't much left but Micah enjoyed the ride.

Micah and I picked our pumpkin at a local grocery store. I cleaned out the guts because that is my favorite part, and Micah carved the face. Micah had the great idea to have a face being stabbed and then use ketchup to have the blood show up. Boys! :)

Micah's sister made a yummy selection of Halloween treats before we headed out trick-or-treating. I thought it was such a cute idea. One day I will be as creative as she is but for now I will watch and learn. She really is amazing!

It was then off trick-or-treating. Micah and I picked out our costume pretty quickly. I don't really know what I was but I loved having bright blue hair for the night. Micah's turned out great with his fro and 'stache. He stayed in character the whole time. We had such a fun time with family and were happy to have a break from school for the weekend. We miss them already but can't wait to visit for Thanksgiving!



4 comments:
It sounds like a blast. What cute kids. Miss you to the Max!
I like that you rode the cow train!!!! :)
sounds like you had tons of fun!
Heidi, I just found your blog! Sounds like you guys had a fun Halloween! Hope all is well with you two, you look great!
Post a Comment