Thursday, June 19, 2014

Family in Town

For the past two months I have been counting down for when my mom, grandma and sister would be visiting and it finally came. This time we would be able to explore the area and show them why we love Texas.

The first thing on our list was the NASA space Center. My sister always wanted to be an astronaut. Now I don't just mean a childhood dream but made it to college with the dream and then had to go with Plan B. We took the tram tour and explored the exhibit. It was a blast especially having somone who knew so much and has a passion for space.






The next day we swam for a couple of hours and then headed to the Kemah Boardwalk to watch the fireworks. It was Clara's first time watching fireworks and she loved them. She would jump up and down and make excited noises. 









The weekend we all enjoyed playing with the little one and she decided to start crawling. We all were really excited!!! 











We then visited the zoo. We were all impressed how well landscaped the zoo was and how active the animals were. There were giraffes chasing ostriches, monkey's bouncing off the glass, and elephants actively playing with each other. Clara slept for a lot of the visit but loved the Elephants. There was an elephant spraying water on himself and she loved watching him. It was a lot of fun but we were all exhausted.










The last day we headed to Galveston beach and ate lunch at The Spot. We were entertained all through lunch by Clara. There were two birds and Clara was loving them. She kept pointing and talking with them but was nervous when they came too close. It was hilarious! We then walked along the beach and enjoyed looking for seashells and taking pictures. 









We were sad to have them leave. It is nice to have people to laugh with and explore. I'm sure their families were happy to have them back. 




1 comment:

Amberly said...

That picture of Clara and Brookeh is my favorite!! I'm so jealous that they got to come visit you. Maybe for Christmas I'll get plane tickets to make my own trip!! Except you know, school... I do have spring break in March though... hmm.... I can't wait to see you in a month!

Post a Comment

Followers

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones