Sunday, June 12, 2011

My Best Friends Wedding

If any of you know my and Amberly this was a very exciting day emotional day. June 7th my best friend had the opportunity to marry her very best friend, Joe. I was able to spend just about the whole day with them and I'm so glad I was able to. I was able to be in the temple with them and that was a neat experience! There is nothing better than being married for all eternity to the one you love.

Afterward all the celebrating and pictures started. It was fun to have Mr. and Mrs. Lambertsen leave the temple and they were so happy. We took all the traditional pictures in front of the temple. I was lucky enough to snatch a picture with the beautiful bride between all her other pictures. Micah and I had to take a picture of the two of us. We waited for a while afterwards to get some "behind the scenes" pictures. It was pretty hot that day and what a great way to cool off by using the reflector board to create a breeze.

Mr. and Mrs.

The Friends

Best Buds
(LLL)


Trying to cool off

After we headed to the luncheon. There was delicious food that was served and some awesome entertainment. Joe's aunt's did a fun number telling the happy couples story, we watched their montage video, and Amberly sang a song to Joe. We had a good time getting to know Amberly's family and also Joe's side as well. Micah and I tried to get some funny pictures of the Bride and Groom eating but they turned out blurry.



We all headed home to get ready for the big reception that night. It was a backyard reception which was my favorite. Amberly lucked out to have the weather change it's mind and have it be sunny all day. Us friends had a fun time taking pictures with the couple. We had a tug of war which is perfect because even though Joe comes first we will all be wanting time with both of them or just Amberly. Also all of the friends now have a husband or a soon-to-be husband, so we had to take a picture. Only two are engaged to be married in August but the rest of us are married. We also had to get a picture of the whole bridal party. I was lucky enough to get to hold the Bride's beautiful Bouquet while she took some pictures.

Tug-O-War

The Married Club

The Bridal Party

Holding the bouquet

Then the line started to form and I don't think it died down the whole time. But what can you say everyone loves Amberly . . . and Joe I'm sure. I remember not getting to eat my reception food so I made sure we brought a plate to Amberly so when she had a break she could try it :) Micah was amazing and held the plate ad bouquet. It was so fun to see some friends that I hadn't talked to in a long time. We were also sure to go through the line once or twice and say hi to the couple. The couple went to cut the cake, or cupcake since it was a cupcake cake. I was proud when Amberly was sure to smear frosting on Joe's face. They did the bouquet toss and the garter toss which is always one of the best parts. They then went to change to head off for their honeymoon. Decorating the car is a long story all in itself, but lets just say I was one of the few who knew where Amberly hid her car so it would get destroyed. I just hope she will forgive me but I understand if she never trusts me with a secret like that again. All I can say is I couldn't let her drive away with not even a "just married" written on the back window. I made sure it was well supervised and that what they used to decorate it would not ruin the car.





The day was amazing and everything turned out wonderful. The temple was perfect and the reception was beautiful. It was fun to see my Scrubby Buddy so happy and I'm so glad she found her Hero she has been holding on for (inside joke). I wish them the best and all of the happiness they could possibly have. It was hard to give up my "number one" spot to Joe but he better know that I will make sure I stay number two :) He may get sick of me before too long. Congratulations Amberly and Joe!


2 comments:

Vee said...

Everything looks beautiful. Such an exciting/emotional day to see your best friend get married. You looked great. Tell Micah those sunglasses are sweet and that he looks really good in them. I can't wait to see you!!

Kylie said...

wow, sounds like you guys had alot of fun. Micah looks like he's undercover and a bodyguard lol

Post a Comment

Followers

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones