Monday, July 11, 2011

July 4th

I have a break from the crazyness of school and decided I would post some updates. For the 4th of July weekend we were able to drive down and spend our three day weekend with Micah's family. We were able to make it before the fireworks started. The firework show was amazing this year and had an amazing finale. I love fireworks and I look forward to them every 4th of July. What a great way to celebrate our Independence.

After the fireworks

On the 4th it is a Blake tradition to race homemade boats down the canal in the backyard. Everyone spent the morning designing and making their boats. Micah was very focused and spent a lot of time on his boat. His boat had an American flag, an Italian flag, and a flag representing Celanese (the company he did his internship with). My boat was tight unto a dish :) I decorated it with an American flag, stars, and a blue H for my name. Last time we raced boats mine did not make it very far so I was determined that mine would do at least a little bit better this time. My boat was doing pretty well but then it sank. Micah's boat did pretty well and won the most creative award.

Micah working hard


Our boats after the boat race. Mine has some water damage


We had such a great time shooting off fireworks, playing games, and eating delicious food. The boat races as always were a huge hit.

1 comment:

Amberly said...

Yay!!! I figured out how to comment on your blog!!! I was going to say.... I don't think your boat was very "tight like unto a dish" ;) love you!

Post a Comment

Followers

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones