Tuesday, June 26, 2012

San Jacinto Park

This past weekend we decided to learn more about Texas history and headed to San Jacinto Park. We first stopped at the San Jacinto Monument which marks the battle when Texas won its independence from Mexican forces. The monument is 567 feet and is taller than the National Monument. Again everything is bigger in Texas and if they ever secede they will already have a nice monument all set. It was interesting to learn more about the battle and Texan history. We then headed across the street to the Battleship Texas. It is the only surviving battleship to have served in both world wars and is the last surviving Dreadnought. Basically we had an adventure playing around on a huge Battleship. It was pretty fun and we caught some pretty sweet pictures. I have officially decided that I will never live on a bought because I am surprised how tight the space was down below. We had a fun time but it was extremely hot so we headed out to find some delicious Texas Barbecue and a cold glass of water.

At San Jacinto Monument

View from the top of the monument

Couples picture

Battleship!

Micah's Big Guns :)

Lethal!

Trying to be intimidating

so strong!

At home in an old anti-aircraft gun

1 comment:

Kylie said...

Cool pictures guys. Micah those glasses are too big for your face but I like your double guns. I never understood why people wear big glasses. Heidi I like you intimidation pic

Post a Comment

Followers

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones