A couple of weeks ago we decided we wanted to find something fun to do. Micah has always loved arcades and there was a fun center not to far. We went to check it out. They had some pretty fun games and Micah won quite a few tickets. We decided it wasn't our favorite arcade but we sure made out with a lot of candy. We have also spent a lot of time playing games. If you haven't tried card Pictionary, you definitely should. You can find it with the other card games at the store. It is hilarious! We also built our first puzzle together. . . precious I know.
| Our first puzzle |
The other day, Micah was so sweet and tried to plan an adventure. If you know me and Amberly, we love adventures. He decided we would go to a movie but didn't decide what movie (The unplanned part is what makes it an adventure). We first went to a movie theater but all of the good movies didn't start until another two hours and we didn't want to wait that long. We headed next door to the cheap movie theater but their AC was broken and being in Texas that didn't sound fun. We then headed over to Star Cinema Grill which is a place we have been hearing about. Basically you order dinner and enjoy the meal while you watch the movie. They didn't have any good movies playing either. Our adventure didn't turn out quite the way we wanted it to but we ended up stopping at a Wendys on the way home and picking up a Redbox and a bunch of treats - including Bluebell Ice Cream which is divine!
This weekend we decided to have a little bit of fun. It had been a pretty busy and tiring week for both of us and we needed some fun. Since we have been living in freezing cold temperatures for quite some time we don't own a lot of short sleeved shirts, Micah especially. We went shopping and found him some good looking shirts. He even picked them all out on his own and he looked pretty good! I was also able to get some fun things. I bought new black dress pants for work, a cute new t-shirt, and an awesome new brown jacket. If you know me, you know that I have this obsession with jackets and the jacket was on a sweet deal so I bought it. We then bought Micah some new shoes and tried to find some new flip flops. When we last went swimming he accidentally left his shoes in with his wet towel and swimsuit. Lets just say they didn't look very fashionable after that. We then went to lunch at Panda Express and ended the day by doing grocery shopping. It was a fun filled day and it was nice to have time with just Micah and I when we both were exhausted.
| Home-made Father's Day cards |
Then there was Father's Day. Earlier in our marriage we never really did much for Mother's or Father's Day because we don't have any kids yet. This year I decided to change that a little bit. Micah has been getting into fishing but has been using an old beat up scripture case to carry some of his fishing gear. That needed to change so I bought him a tackle box. He had no idea and when you live in a small apartment and share a car that is not always an easy task to pull off. I decided that we would call it Happy Father-To-Be Day (no that is not an announcement of any kind). We also were able to chat with our families which is always a treat. I love to hear my niece, Boo, say that she loves me. I am sure lucky to have such an amazing Dad in my life who has taught me so much and is such an amazing person! I am also lucky to have found someone who is just as equally amazing and that I get to spend forever with him! I love my husband and the man he is and the man he is trying to be. He is going to be the best Dad ever.



1 comment:
Bhahaha, "Our first puzzle together....precious right?!" Best line in the post!!!! Hahahaha, it cracked me up, I could just picture you saying it in this sort of sarcastic voice.
Don't you hate it when adventures don't turn out to be the adventure you want them to be! One day we'll have time and energy for more exciting adventures again! That Grill whatever movie place sounds kind of cool, you should go back!! Ps...thanks for putting my name in your post ;)
And way to be on buying new clothes for you guys! I feel like even a few new things makes you feel like you have a whole new wardrobe. Unfortunately, I'm the type of person who gets bored with my wardrobe every three months :P
Post a Comment