Wednesday, August 15, 2012
Birthday!
I have been pretty sick these past weeks but I was not going to stay in bed for my birthday. This past weekend was filled with fun as we celebrated my birthday. This was the first time that I have spent my birthday away from my family but Micah did a great job making it a fun day. Friday we went to a Houston's Astros baseball game. The company Micah is doing his internship with set it all up. We got a complimentary hat and a ball park hot dog. This was our first baseball game together and we had fun even though the Astros lost, but that was kind of expected. The interns from Bay City were also invited so we met up with our friends the Marler's. We left at the beginning of the 9th inning because we were worried about traffic. If anyone has traveled to Houston they know the traffic is awful! We were lucky and got home in a decent amount of time and played games with the Marler's until it was late. We are now fans of the game Settlers of Catan. On Saturday Micah made a fantastic breakfast of French Toast. He had me try Karo Syrup on my French toast which I had never heard of, but it was really good. We then headed out to Jamaica Beach which was beautiful. Micah and I LOVE the beach and love there are so many different beaches we can go to here.
It was one of the hottest days this summer which caused the ocean to be depleted of oxygen some how so there were a lot of dead fish. It was weird but we were told that isn't normal which made us feel better. We enjoyed throwing a Frisbee around and getting some sun. We then said goodbye to the Marler's. Micah and I came home and watched a movie and then opened presents. I received a lot of great cards, Kohl's gift cards, money, restaurant gift cards, a friendship book and magnet, ear rings, Sense and Sensibility, and chicken noodle soup to help me feel better. Then we decided to go to Kohls and use my gift card and then go out to eat. I bought some cute boat shoes which I can't wait to wear and they were only like $14.00. We also bought some things for Micah but by the time we were done it was kind of late and decided to go out to eat another day. Instead we stopped at Whataburger (They are every where here) and picked up some really good burgers and fries. It was a fun filled day and I was exhausted. Thanks to my amazing husband for planning such a great birthday even when I wasn't very good at making decisions.




1 comment:
Haha, you're never good at making decisions, so I'm sure he's used to that ;) hahaha
Post a Comment