Friday, September 28, 2012

La Grande, OR

We were pretty tired after our crazy day of traveling, but I was super excited to be in Micah's hometown. I have heard him and his family talk about La Grande for a long time but only had a few pictures to look at. Micah and his sister, Tiffany, drove me around and pointed out just about everything. We drove along Micah's paper route and I was surprised how many steep hills he had to ride up. We walked around the college and I saw the rehearsal rooms and the auditorium where they would have their concerts. I saw the stadium where Micah would play for the high school games. I saw his Elementary School, Middle School, and High School. We walked around his high school and he showed where his lockers were and the different teachers he had. We were pretty sad that we couldn't go into the band room because that was a big part of high school for him. Next time we visit, that will be our first stop. We also visited the Seminary building he attended and where his Dad taught. Micah pointed out where his friends and people in the ward lived. He showed the gravel road where his Dad would drive crazy. We also stopped by their old house and was able to see the backyard. I saw the alley way by the house and the scary property across the street (I don't remember the name of who lives there). They took me to their ward building which had stain glass windows. I had never seen that before in an LDS church. They showed the spots they would go hang out with their friends. We also stopped at Hobby Habit which is a hobby store that Micah's Dad would take him and his brother to race cars. There use to be a small track in the store but it sadly was no longer there. I had so much fun seeing everything and hearing them talk about all of the memories. I wanted to video tape the whole experience but unfortunately we brought the wrong charger.

College steps

In front of the Seminary


High School

Micah's home

Hobby store

That night we all got ready for Micah's cousin's wedding. The wedding was absolutely beautiful and the ceremony was so special. We are very excited for her and her new husband. We then enjoyed the night eating delicious food, cake, and dancing the night away. Micah even pulled out some of his Michael Jackson moves. The next day we attended Micah's old ward. It was fun to meet so many people I have heard so much about. You can tell that the people I met really made La Grande the wonderful memory that it is for Micah and his family. We were sad to leave and head back to Rexburg but I guess school is kind of important.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones