Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Traveling Back

Our time in Texas came to a close. We extended it as far as possible but soon the day came. We packed up what we had and said our goodbyes. Our time in Texas was a great experience and we sure miss it. I really wanted to see my family so we planned to take the difficult route home and stop in Utah. The first day we stopped in San Antonio, TX. We planned to see the Alamo and the Riverwalk but by the time we checked into our hotel and sat down to decide what to eat, we couldn't move. We were exhausted! We plan to make it back, soon. For breakfast we did receive Texas shaped waffles which was pretty fun.


The pictures aren't that great because we were using Micah's ipod. We then started the long drive to Santa Fe, NM. It was about an 11 hour drive with not much to see. Micah was a trooper and drove the whole way. We made sure to stop occasionally and enjoy what scenery there was. The next day was another long, 11-hour drive to Utah. The scenery improved a little bit but still was a long drive. On the way we did stop at the Four Corners Monument. now I can say that I have been in four places at once.








We were pretty ecstatic to see our family and to be out of the car for a few days. While in Utah I had the chance to help my mom and my sister set up the classrooms for the new school year. I was able to spend a little bit of time with a dear friend. My cute family also celebrated my birthday while I was there. I got the Hunger Games DVD, Cakesters, Thanksgiving decorations, fabulous cards, and a leather jacket with a cute scarf. I love the jacket and I can't wait to wear it! Time with my family always seems too short, but we had to leave and head to Rexburg and unpack before we left for Oregon. More hard goodbyes and another drive. This drive didn't seem as bad when compared to 11 hour drives.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones