Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Summer Updates


This summer we have been busy, busy. We finished up another semester of school and were proud of the grades we received. Micah did AMAZING and I was so proud of him! We decided we needed to relax and play a little bit. Our summer started with heading down to celebrate the 24th of July. We were able to watch the fantastic parade and had some fun playing at the fair. I always look forward to the smoothies, corn, and Brigham's fry bread. Yummy! We also had fun watching and setting off some fireworks.

Our next adventure was few weeks later when some Italians from Micah's mission came to the United States. One couple Micah was able to help teach when they were investigating the church and they have stayed very close ever since. They were stopping in Salt Lake City and we couldn't pass up the chance to go and visit for about a week. I also took the opportunity to schedule our doctor and dental appointments while we were there. Micah ended up having to have a Root Canal which he wasn't too excited about but luckily everything went well so he was able to enjoy the rest of his week. It was so fun to see the Italians. They are also so happy and loving and we have way too much fun with them. We spent some time with them in Salt Lake City and then I headed back for about an hour so that I could hang out with my scrubby buddy, Amberly. She wanted to be sure and spend some time with me for my birthday and I couldn't wait to see her. I then headed back to Salt Lake where we took the Italians to Settebello which is an Italian restaurant which Micah says is as authentic as you can get in America. At the end the Italians thought it was delicious and loved it! Success! Also before we left my family was amazing and threw a family birthday party for me. I was so excited to have cake and was so excited about the gifts. I got a Tarzan DVD, a Hercules DVD, Maurices gift card, extremely soft blanket, the cutest jacket, money, and a chi flat iron which I was so excited to use. Also the same weekend my cousin was able to marry her prince charming and we were so excited to be a part of it.




Our next vacation was to Boise. It was a family reunion for Micah's side of the family and we were so excited. Each day was full of tons of fun. We went to the mall shopping, hunted for garage sales, and spent lots of time with each other. We also spent a day floating down the Boise River which was a big adventure. All in all it was a fun time but we all got a little beat up on the water. There were a few drops and the first one was pretty big but I made it through and it was fun. The second one had a lot of rocks and as I went down I tipped over and fell in the river. Luckily I didn't hit my head by I hit my toe somehow and it was pretty bruised for the next couple of days. We also ran into some trees and rocks and I think every had at least a few bruises, scratches or cuts by the time we got out of the river. We also got to spend a day at a family fun center, Wahooz. We had a blast riding go-carts, bumper boats, playing mini-golf, and playing the arcades. Micah did really well at the arcades and won a lot of tickets which he gave to his nephews who were pretty excited to buy some fun prizes. It was fun to spend time with family and play games and make some fun memories.


We have one more vacation for summer being our anniversary but there will be more to come on that later.

1 comment:

Chelsey said...

Your anniversary is soon!! I can't believe it was almost two years ago that I went to your reception!! Time just flies. I love you girl! Good luck on school this semester! :)

Post a Comment

Followers

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones