Friday, April 1, 2011
A Big Day
After coming home from D.C. I had a day to get ready to head to Utah for my brother's wedding. I boarded my bus at 3:20 a.m. and arrived in D.C. at 7:50 a.m. I then rode the metro and a bus to the Dulles airport. There I waited until 6:30 p.m. to board my flight. I was very excited when around 11:30 p.m. I was able to give my mom and dad a hug. Micah was so nice and let me go for a week. My mom also took two days off of work to make the wedding cake and I was able to spend a lot of time with her. She does an amazing job with every cake she makes. I also was able to go shopping with my sister and we had a fun time finding the accessories we needed for the wedding the next day. The sealing was wonderful and the spirit was so strong. I always love being in the Temple but I was missing Micah as well. We are all so excited to have a new member to our family and she is awesome! We enjoyed cheering for the new couple and took some pictures outside but then heading to the Luncheon. Eldridge Manor did a great job with the Luncheon and it was fun to see all my extended family and close family friends. Everyone that was asked did a great job sharing their words of advice. The bride also added her special touch by fulfilling an African tradition of dancing into the room when the couple is announced. It was so fun. After the Luncheon I was able to spend a little bit of time with my little sister and we played dance dance revolution, which is a little difficult in a skirt. Then we set up for the reception and finished getting ready for pictures and the rest of the night. Everyone looked stunning in their black, white, and red especially the Bride and Groom. During the Mother and son dance my niece walked up and wanted to join them. It was pretty cute. The rest of the night we enjoyed the fondue fountain and dancing with everyone. The happy couple then left for their honeymoon and we are so happy for both of them. Thanks for everyone who made the day so wonderful.



1 comment:
I'm so glad you got to be there and that it was such a great trip. Thanks for posting the pictures, it's fun to see the new couple!
Post a Comment