Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Baby "Shower"

My best friend, Amberly,  is amazing and threw me a fantastic baby shower while I was visiting Utah. I felt bad because it was a last minute decision to throw it when we did, because I didn't know if we would be coming later in the year or not. When she started planning the shower we didn't know the sex of the baby yet. So she picked the cutest gender-neutral theme: A Baby "Shower". She had the cutest decorations! Clouds with rain drops, clouds on the straws, candies that look like raindrops, a home-made rainstorm, and cute favors with lemon drops inside.

I was so grateful for everyone who came. It always feels great to see how many people care about you. Plus it was so fun to catch up with everyone, even if it was only for a few minutes. We enjoyed delicious food and opening up all the fun gifts. About a week or so before I flew out we found out we were having a little girl. It was fun to open all the girly outfits and think how adorable our girl is going to look.

Amberly had everyone fill out a wishes for baby page. On it you could write what you hoped she learns, ignores, becomes, loves, etc. The answers were adorable and so fun to read. It is something I plan to hold on to. We also played a fun game filled with questions. I was handed an envelope with a question written on it. I had to guess what my husband's answers were. If I was correct then I kept the prize inside. If not then I had to give it back. I didn't do as bad as I thought and my husband's answers were really good! The questions were too fun not to include:

  • What job is he looking forward to the least with this future baby?
              Diaper changes. Yuck!
  • Would he say you have had any weird cravings or habits during pregnancy? If so, what?
             French fries all the time. (I love the salty foods)
  • What physical traits does he hope the baby inherits from him and then also from you?
              From him, his dark hair. From me, my O'Toole chin (family trait) and her blue eyes
  • What personality traits does he hope his princess inherits from him and then also from you?
             From him, his passion for music and desire to do what is right. From me, my quiet demeanor       and kindness
  • Where was he when he found out I was pregnant and what was the first thought that crossed his mind?
             He just walked in the front door and thought "I do not feel ready"
  • What is he most excited for when it comes to being a parent?
             He is most excited for the love and relationship; she won't be a niece, she will be MY daughter
  • What scares or overwhelms Micah the most about being a parent?
             Whether or not he will be able to control his temper and be a kind parent
  • What is the most important thing he hopes our sweet baby learns from us in life?
              To be close to the Lord and follow His teachings

I have a great husband, great friends, and great family! Thank you Amberly for putting on such a fun and cute shower. It meant the world to me!

She is so crafty!

Rain clouds

Cutest cupcakes

Introducing everyone

All the great gifts
My Bestie!

1 comment:

Amberly said...

I'm so glad that you let me throw this for you!!! :) And surprisingly, I wasn't too stressed about having only a few weeks to put it together!

Post a Comment

Followers

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones