We had planned to head into Houston this past weekend for a trip to Ikea, which is where we decided to buy our crib. Before we left we found out the crib was not in stock but they would be restocked on Monday. Micah was awesome and took half a day off, so we could drive to Ikea without so much traffic. We found the crib, crib mattress, changing table, and dresser that we planned on buying. Before checking out though we stopped and had lunch at the restaurant. We couldn't pass up those Swedish meatballs and the delicious sauce. Checking out was a little difficult than we had anticipated with things being in the wrong place and having to go to furniture pick up, but we made it. Micah made all of the boxes fit in our car (I was a little skeptical), carried the heavy boxes up to the third floor, and put everything together for me. He has seriously been thee best husband during this pregnancy.
![]() |
| Daddy building the crib |
![]() |
| Building the changing table |
Just to show what a great husband he has been I have to share a story. I have been having some trouble with sciatica with this pregnancy. I have tried sleeping with a pillow between my legs, walking, and swimming to try and help the pain but the pain wouldn't stay away for very long. I guess I must have been complaining quite a bit because we made an unscheduled stop to Babies R Us where Micah bought me the Snoogle pillow. It is a maternity pillow that is suppose to help with back, hip and sciatica pain. It was really sweet of him (or he couldn't stand my complaining anymore) and I couldn't wait to use it that night. It has helped quite a bit. Hopefully it stays that way.
We also had a new addition to the family. Micah was able to buy a new guitar which he has been dying to do for quite some time. There was a sale on the guitar and we made sure he found the one he liked and it looks beautiful. It is really fun to hear him play all the time now. I love how talented he is with music and baby Clara seems to enjoy it too.
![]() |
| Having a good time |






1 comment:
I'm glad you have such a great guy! Cool guitar Micah!
Post a Comment