Now that we are unpacked and starting to settle into our new place,
there are a lot of new posts that will be coming. The first of which is
Graduation. On April 6th I was able to graduate with my Bachelor's
Degree in Biology. It hasn't been the easiest road but it felt amazing
to walk across the stage. I was super excited to have my family come for
the occasion. Both of my parents and Micah's parents came, my
Grandparents on my Mom's side were there, and my little sister agreed to
come. The day started out great. I was able to give a tour of campus to
my little sister since she will be a senior next year. The sad part is
Rexburg decided to give me a last good-bye and provided a large snow
storm. It was probably the biggest we've had so far. I also had to say
good-bye at work which was harder than I thought it would be. I was able
to work in the admissions for almost three years, and it was the best experience
ever. I am going to miss all of them! It was also my little sisters
birthday and we had to celebrate. We ate lunch at Wingers, opened
presents, and enjoyed some cake.
 |
| Birthday girl with her birthday cake |
My sister was nice enough to share her birthday attentions with me and we all
headed to graduation. The university had a crazy idea to have both
commencement and convocation all the same night. I was all lined up at
about 4:30, which I later found out I didn't have to be lined up until 5:00. Then
we headed into commencement at 6:00. My feet after having to stand that long. Elder Ballard was there to speak
to us and shared some amazing words. Then at 8:00 it was convocation. We
were all starving at this point, but there wasn't enough time grab
something to eat. We hunted down a vending machine :) It felt amazing
to hear my name announced and be able to hold my diploma in my hand. I
made it! I couldn't have down it without my parents and my loving
husband.
 |
| My hubby and me |
 |
| My Family |
 |
| One of my longest best friends |
 |
| My Department |
 |
| Sisters being sisters |
|
|
|
|
|
 |
| I DID IT!!! |
We then ate more cake and celebrated the big accomplishment. My family
gave me a Kindle Fire which I have been wanting and I was so excited. I
also received some money which I was told was specifically for me to
have fun with (I'm not the best at that some times). I also received a
gift card to go and buy some Capri's or shorts because living in Rexburg I
don't own any. Micah also bought me tickets to see Wicked in Denver,
which was a huge surprise. He went all out and bought seats that were
very close to the stage. I was so excited and I could not wait to see
such an amazing musical.
 |
| Gifts |
The next day . . . Packing.
1 comment:
Hooray!!! Blog posts!!! I love it!!! :) So cute!!!
Post a Comment